Sunday, November 15, 2009

Link Textbox Contents to Worksheet Data

Link Textbox Contents to Worksheet Data on Glenn Lloyd's "OfficeTipsAndMethods" blog is a nice discussion of some really good techniques for working with charts in Excel.

There's a big difference between doing a chart and doing a chart well. For instance I've seen charts done lots of times that couldn't easily be updated to the next months data. When discussing one of his techniques, Glenn says "Now you ask, why would I want to take the time to set this up when I could simply edit the title every month? For me it’s a no brainer. Yes, it took some time to set up – probably less than five minutes, to be honest with you. What is the payback on that investment of my time. Sure it is small but let’s say it takes me 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each month to edit the title. In the first three months I have more than recovered my time investment.Then there is the intangible benefit of saving me the embarrassment of forgetting to change the title or occasionally misspelling something in the title." Hear, hear, Glenn!

No comments: