Thursday, March 6, 2008

Filtering Using Multi-Select List Boxes

Another really common Access question goes like this:

  • How do I use a multi-select list box to filter my report?
  • or How do I let my user select multiple items and then open a form or report showing those items?

List boxes allowing multiple selections are a pretty natural user interface. Think "print a report for three different departments" or "include these four employees in the sales graph". Creating and using criteria for your form or report with a multi-select list box is a lot different than a combo box or single select list box, but it's not hard at all once you've seen it in action and done it a couple of times.

I've done a little searching and I think these are the three best links on the topic:

No comments: